Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Friday 13 July 2012

Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110

By Darren Stones

They say you keep learning things each day, so it's with a sense of excitement that I find myself on the eve of commencing the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.

My research regarding this course uncovered numerous training providers and methods of delivery, and I also sought feedback from people who have completed the course and currently doing it.

My preference is to undertake this course in a physical class environment where I can gain a solid understanding of training and assessment processes where versatility is required. By choosing this method, I will be able to see practical learning activities and actively participate with fellow students who will convert specially designed programs into real life learning experiences.

Facilitating various training and assessment activities in the workplace, plus getting involved in various workshops, seminars and talks is of growing interest to me.

With increasing knowledge in a variety of subjects, and a willingness to learn new programs that can be facilitated for employers, I see this course as leading me towards assisting people to further develop their skills and education.

I've chosen Moreland Adult Education in Coburg, Melbourne to do this course with, because they are local, are willing to provide me the course at reasonable rates, and are offering it over a time frame of about 16 weeks.

So, with a new learning experience before me, it will be a great opportunity to learn methods that should assist me to help others with their learning. I have experience in planning, developing and facilitating a successful travel photography workshop, so with that already under my belt, I am keen to further explore training and assessment methods and gain this qualification.

Course information:

Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
TAE40110 (Units)

Core Units:
TAEDES401A - Design and develop learning programs.
TAEDES402A - Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEDEL401A - Plan, organise and deliver group based learning
TAEDEL402A - Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEASS401A - Plan assessment activities and processes
TAESS402A - Assess Competence
TAEASS403A - Participate in assessment validation

Elective Units:
TAEDEL301A - Provide work skill instruction
TAEDEL404A - Mentor in the workplace
BSBCMM401A - Make a presentation

School of Arts, Grenfell, New South Wales, Australia IMG_6605_Grenfell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones